Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year!
Welcome to the 52nd Year of East High School! This year we will welcome over 2300 students to our hallways and classrooms! We are excited that you are here and welcome you to all that East High School has to offer. We welcome over 24 new staff members to East serving in various roles. We are in our 3rd year of using Chromebooks, the Audio Enhancement System in our classrooms and we will continue using the 8-period (7 classes, and a lunch period) schedule. This schedule has brought with it a longer lunch for students, along with time in their day for homework and help.
With new faces and so many students here are a few updates:
- School opens at 7 a.m. and closes at 4 p.m. We ask that no student be dropped off before 7 a.m. and that all who are not working with a teacher, practicing with a sport or working with a club, be off school grounds at 4 p.m.
- There is no perfect traffic pattern at East, no matter what we do. So, I ask for your patience at our busiest times, from 7:25–7:55 a.m. and 2:45–3:15 p.m. Your student can stay in the building until 4:00 p.m. and can be picked up both close to or away from the building.
- The west cut out will be used as the drop off and pick up for buses taking students to and from the Career Academy. The first pick up will be 8 a.m.; and final drop off be 2:55; so please if you are making arrangements to pick up your students – keep in mind the bus might be there. If you wish to pull into the North Lot – to pick up your student at the end of the day – please do so. The access road between the Teton entrance and the North parking area is ONE WAY heading NORTH.
- Synergy ParentVUE and LMS class web pages are the best way to find out what is happening in your students’ classes. https://synergyvue.lps.org/
- Bookmark both the East High Website and the Counseling Center Page for information about athletic events, activities, daily announcements, college visits, etc.
- Please don’t hesitate to reach out to staff with questions, comments, and concerns about things that are happening here at East. We welcome the partnership with families, as it is essential for student success!
On behalf of our staff, I thank you for your commitment to student success and look forward to seeing you at many East High events throughout the 2019 - 2020 school year!